What is the practical application of the study of politics in the Indian scenario?

Students today, in the age of social media have an eager opinion on topics of national importance and study of politics really helps in shaping them. But we have to ask, what next? Kranti? Baabugiri? Job in an NGO? A swanky foreign degree? And more than that, how will it affect the Indian polity? I have seen several bones smashing under the police lathis in the youth only to result in $100k jobs in the valley 5 years later. So what are we looking for? Hoping for to bring about a change?

1 Like

I think politics is not something separate from an individual being. As we exist, our opinions exist. Even the fact of being ‘Apolitical’ is itself a political choice. Broadly i would say, politics helps in establishing a voice and opinion about something which can bring a change, be it even at a individual level. It doesn’t need to be monumental. When you choose to not being political, you don’t believe in its power and you seem to be that person who is benefitted by the status quo of the system. Also, to see politics only in indian electoral politics is like delimiting its vast horizons.

1 Like